We Handle All Types of Truck Accident Claims in Sacramento
Unlike auto accidents, trucking accidents tend to be much more serious. Consider the average motor vehicle weighs around 4,000 pounds and an empty semi-truck and trailer weighs in at 35,000 pounds (80,000 pounds with a fully loaded trailer). With a weight difference close to 9 times that of a normal vehicle, you can see why it takes longer for a truck to stop and the potential damage it can cause when it collides with a normal motor vehicle.
At the Law Office of Brian P. Azemika, our Sacramento truck accident lawyer is an aggressive, experienced, and results-focused advocate for victims and their family members. If you or your loved one was hurt in an eighteen-wheeler accident, we are here to help. To set up a free, fully confidential consultation with a top-rated California truck accident attorney, please contact our Sacramento law office today.
Commercial Trucks Pose an Inherent Safety Risk to the Public
A fully loaded tractor-trailer may weigh as much as 40 times more than a standard-sized passenger vehicle. When a commercial truck accident happens, it is almost always occupants of other vehicles or, even more so, a pedestrian that is at the highest risk. In the US there are over 500,000 trucking accidents each year with about 5,000 resulting in death.
Notably, large truck accidents are disproportionately likely to be catastrophic. The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) reports that tractor trailers are involved in four percent of injury crashes nationwide. However, big rigs are involved in nearly ten percent of all fatal collisions.
Safety matters. There are strict regulations for truck drivers in relation to their license and training that allow them to be on the road. That being said, trucking accidents do happen and I have worked with many victims over the last 10 years. Truckers, truck companies, and every other company involved in the industry must be held accountable if their negligence contributes to a crash.
Understanding Truck Accident Liability in California
Were you involved in a truck accident in Sacramento? Your personal injury claim will fall under California law. You need to know your rights. Here are some of the key things to understand about commercial truck accident liability in our state:
- All Commercial Truck Crashes Should Be Reported: You should always report a truck accident to the police. In California, all injury crashes and all crashes with major property damage must be reported. With commercial truck accidents, it is in your best interests to ensure that there is an official crash report.
- You Need to See a Doctor to Bring a Claim: An injury sustained in a truck accident should always be evaluated and treated by a qualified physician. Seeking professional medical attention is an essential step to protecting your own health and well-being. Further, truck accident victims in Sacramento will not be able to recover personal injury compensation unless they have medical records.
- Truck Accident Liability Falls Under California’s Comparative Fault Standard: California is an at-fault motor vehicle accident state. The standard applies to the full range of motor vehicle collisions, including commercial truck accidents. As our state is a comparative negligence jurisdiction, each party involved in a trucking accident will be held liable for their “share” of the “fault” of the collision. Truck accidents should always be investigated by a skilled Sacramento personal injury lawyer. Do not fall behind the insurance company.
- There is a Two-Year Statute of Limitations in a Truck Accident Claim: You should not wait to get started with the truck accident claims process. In California, tractor-trailer accident injury claims are subject to a two-year statute of limitations. What happens if you wait more than two years to take action? Your claim will likely be dismissed outright. Protect yourself by consulting with a Sacramento truck accident lawyer right away after a wreck.
We Help Injured Victims Recover Full Compensation in Truck Accident Claims
A serious accident with a large commercial truck can change your entire life. You need money to pay bills and support yourself. However, the unfortunate reality of the situation is that you cannot rely on the trucking company, its commercial insurance carrier, or your own insurance company to look out for your best interests. These parties will protect their one bottom line. Our Sacramento truck accident lawyer puts in the time, resources, and personal attention to help injured victims secure the maximum financial settlement or jury verdict. You may be entitled to recover damages for:
- Automobiles repairs;
- Ambulance costs;
- Emergency medical treatment;
- Hospital bills and other health costs;
- Physical therapy/mental health counseling;
- Lost wages and loss of earning power;
- Pain and suffering & mental distress;
- Physical disfigurement;
- Long-term disability; and
- Wrongful death.
Benefits of Hiring a Truck Accident Lawyer for Your Injury Case
In truck accident cases, proving liability can be a challenge. No one wants to admit fault, and liability may fall on a person or entity other than or in addition to the truck driver. It’s my job to prove who the liable party is and make sure they take responsibility for causing the truck accident. These complex cases are the reasons I always suggest consulting a personal injury attorney before speaking to anyone else about the case. When you get in touch with my Sacramento law office after a commercial truck accident, you can be confident knowing that:
- I can take over the stress of dealing with the insurance companies;
- I know how to navigate the complex state and federal laws that affect truck drivers and trucking companies;
- I know how to negotiate with insurance companies;
- I will give you peace of mind; and
- I can ensure that you get the compensation you deserve.
Contact Our Sacramento, CA Commercial Truck Accident Lawyer Today
At the Law Office of Brian P. Azemika, our Sacramento truck accident attorney is an aggressive and knowledgeable advocate for injured victims. If you or your family member was hurt in an eighteen-wheeler collision, professional guidance and support are available. Call us now or contact our law firm online for a free, no-commitment review of your case. We handle truck accident injury claims in Sacramento, Sacramento County, and throughout Central California.
Brian Azemika fought for me when others thought my case was a lost cause. Brian Azemika took over my case with only a few weeks to prepare prior to trial. His knowledge and expertise showed in how he prepared me for my testimony at trial. He also had a great presence in the courtroom and really connected with the jury during the entire trial. He did such a great job in the eyes of the jury that many of them approached him after the trial and asked him for his business card. Thanks to Mr. Azemika, the jury returned a verdict for $400,000.00, which was amazing since the settlement offer from the insurance company was for only $45,000.00 on the first day of trial. I am so glad that Brian Azemika was my trial attorney.