Car Accident Lawyer
We Represent Car Accident Victims in Roseville and Throughout Placer County
Car accidents are a common sight in Roseville. According to the state’s Office of Traffic Safety, our city saw 920 car accidents in 2018 resulting in injuries or death, and our county as a whole saw nearly 2,400! Accidents cause enormous complications for those involved, including lost income and expensive medical care, in addition to the stress of dealing with bodily injuries.
You must be able to secure the full financial compensation that you deserve after a serious crash. At the Law Office of Brian P. Azemika, our Roseville car accident attorney is a skilled, experienced advocate for victims and families. We understand that this is a difficult time for you and your family.
Many people, unfortunately, believe that they can handle their insurance claims on their own when the reality is far different. To set up a free, fully confidential consultation with a top California auto accident lawyer, please do not hesitate to contact our Roseville law office today.
Table of Contents
- Types of Car Accident Claims
- What Constitutes As Negligence?
- How An Attorney Can Help
- Injured Victims Deserve Full and Fair Compensation
- California Laws Related to Car Accidents
- Contact Us Today
We Handle the Full Range of Motor Vehicle Accident Claims in Roseville
The Law Office of Brian P. Azemika is a full-service personal injury law firm devoted to providing personalized guidance and support to victims and families. Our legal team handles all types of motor vehicle accident claims. No matter what happens, we are here to protect your rights and help you navigate the complexities of the legal claims process.
Along with other types of motor vehicle collision claims, our Roseville auto accident lawyer has the professional skill to assist clients with:
- Car accidents;
- Uber & Lyft accidents;
- Motorcycle crashes;
- Pedestrian collision;
- Bicycle accidents;
- Tractor-trailer accidents;
- Delivery vehicle accidents; and
- Commercial vehicle collisions.
Negligence on the
Road Is Deadly
Virtually all car crashes could have been prevented if all parties had taken proper care. Many car accidents are caused by careless, reckless, and dangerous drivers. These people fail to operate their vehicles with sufficient care, which under California law makes them at fault whenever they collide with another car.
Negligence can lead to catastrophic injuries and even fatalities. There are many types of negligence, including:
- Speeding or driving too fast for conditions
- Failing to check a blind spot before passing
- Weaving in and out of traffic
- Driving while chemically impaired, such as with alcohol or drugs
- Driving while tired
- Passing illegally
- Using a cell phone while driving
Sometimes even the simplest mistake—such as taking your eyes off the road to check on a child in the back seat—can lead to tragedy. Under California law, negligent drivers are liable for the injuries and losses they cause. However, proving negligence is often harder than many people realize.
We can use many types of evidence, such as your testimony or cell phone records, to establish what happened in the moments leading up to a collision. All serious crashes must be comprehensively investigated by an experienced Roseville, CA car accident attorney.
How Our Roseville Car Accident Attorney Will Help Protect Your Rights
Following a serious traffic collision, it is normal to have a lot of questions. The car accident claims process is notoriously complex. Unfortunately, you cannot rely on a big insurance company to do what is best for you and your family. Insurers rarely make fair settlement offers to accident victims.
Instead, many drag their heels or even try to push responsibility for the wreck onto the victim’s shoulders. When they finally offer a settlement, it is usually only a fraction of what a victim deserves. An experienced advocate for injured victims, our founding attorney Brian P. Azemika has the professional skill that you can trust.
Our law office can help by:
- Handling all communications between you and the insurance companies.
- Gathering all relevant information for a claim, such as proof of medical care and the severity of your injuries.
- Analyzing the facts to determine what will qualify as a fair settlement.
- Negotiating with an insurer to increase compensation to the maximum amount allowed under the law.
With our firm by their side, many clients report feeling a tremendous relief, knowing that we are doing the heavy lifting while they can focus on getting well. We provide free, fully confidential initial consultations to victims and families. Our Roseville, CA car accident lawyer will review your case, answer the questions that you have, and develop a strategy designed to help you get the best outcome.
Injured Victims Deserve Full and Fair Compensation
If you or your loved one was seriously injured in an accident in Roseville, you need compensation to pay your bills and support your family. The large majority of car accident claims are settled. Though, personal litigation is a possibility in any case—meaning you always need to be prepared for court.
Our Roseville, CA car accident lawyer is committed to helping injured victims maximize their financial support. A settlement should provide damages to make up for the losses a client suffers as a result of an accident:
- A settlement should provide damages to make up for the losses a client suffers as a result of an accident:
- Lost income or wages. If your injuries prevent you from working, you should receive damages to make up for the lost income.
- Property damage. Your car probably needs to be repaired, and you might have suffered damage to other property in the car, such as a cell phone.
- Pain and suffering. Car accidents do more than cost a victim money. They also cause pain, fright, embarrassment, and anger. This suffering deserves fair compensation as well.
In our experience, insurers typically make “lowball” offers, at least initially. They hope that unwary accident victims will quickly grab at the request. But every settlement comes with conditions—once you accept the settlement, you can’t come back for more. For this reason, it is vital to work with a seasoned Roseville car accident lawyer to review any settlement and fight for more compensation carefully.
California Laws Related
to Car Accidents
Car crash claims generally fall under state law. If you or your loved one was involved in a serious collision in Placer County, you must understand your rights and duties under California’s traffic regulations. Many laws can come into play after a wreck, and you will need a Roseville injury attorney who understands how these laws apply to your case.
Here is an overview of some of the key things to know about the auto accident liability laws in California:
- Most Crashes Must Be Reported: In California, all crashes that result in physical injuries must be reported. A traffic collision also needs to be reported if it results in significant property damage. If you are involved in a crash in Placer County, you should call the police—especially if the collision was not your fault.
- A Two-Year Statute of Limitations for Car Accident Injury Claims: You have a limited amount of time to file a car accident injury claim. California’s statute of limitations also requires that car accident lawsuits be brought within two years. Any delay can see a case get thrown out of court, and you will lose your ability to receive money. Protect your rights: Consult with a Roseville, CA car accident attorney as soon as possible after a crash.
- Liability for a Crash is Based on Fault in California: California is an at-fault auto accident liability jurisdiction. In effect, this means that that party—often not always a driver—that caused a crash through negligence will be held legally responsible for the resulting damages. The ability to prove fault will have a major impact on your financial compensation. One of the most important steps to take after a serious accident is ensuring that it is thoroughly investigated so that you have all of the evidence that you need to establish liability.
- Our State Uses a Comparative Negligence System: California is a pure comparative negligence state. Under this law, our clients can contribute to their accidents by being negligent, such as by speeding themselves or failing to look where they are going. So long as someone else is at least 1 percent responsible for the wreck, however, a victim can sue for damages. But the comparative negligence law has a big catch—your damages are reduced by your proportion of fault. So a client who is 65% to blame for an accident will only receive 35% of her damages. A skilled Roseville car accident lawyer can help to protect you from an unfair finding of partial fault for your crash.
Contact a Roseville
Car Accident Lawyer Today
At the Law Office of Brian P. Azemika, our Roseville auto accident lawyer fights tirelessly to protect the rights and interests of victims. We can assist you with making an insurance claim following a wreck. It is our mission to help you maximize your financial compensation after an accident. To schedule a free, confidential case analysis, please contact our firm today.
From our law office in Roseville, we represent injured victims in Placer County and throughout Central California.
Brian Azemika fought for me when others thought my case was a lost cause. Brian Azemika took over my case with only a few weeks to prepare prior to trial. His knowledge and expertise showed in how he prepared me for my testimony at trial. He also had a great presence in the courtroom and really connected with the jury during the entire trial. He did such a great job in the eyes of the jury that many of them approached him after the trial and asked him for his business card. Thanks to Mr. Azemika, the jury returned a verdict for $400,000.00, which was amazing since the settlement offer from the insurance company was for only $45,000.00 on the first day of trial. I am so glad that Brian Azemika was my trial attorney.