Slip and Fall Accident
We Take on All Types of Slip and Fall Accident Claims in Sacramento
Slip and Fall accidents are unpredictable and can happen frequently. The laws affecting slip and fall accidents can be complex and are not always favorable to the injured party, which is why it is important to hire an experienced attorney to help you with your case. At the Law Office of Brian P. Azemika, our Sacramento slip and fall accident lawyer is standing by, ready to protect your rights.
An experienced attorney can help you understand your rights and legal options when you have been hurt in a slip and fall accident. If you have been injured in a slip and fall accident, I recommend that you immediately consult with a premises liability or slip and fall attorney. Let me fight for your legal rights and get you the compensation you deserve. Call me to schedule a FREE legal consultation.
A Slip and Fall Accident is a Type of Premises Liability Claim
Slip and fall accident cases are premises liability claims. Under California law, businesses and property owners in Sacramento have a legal responsibility to ensure that their premises are in reasonably safe and secure condition for invitees. A business or property owner can be held legally responsible for a person’s slip and fall accident injuries if that fall occurred due to negligence. Some slip and fall accident hazards that could constitute negligence include:
- Uncleaned spills;
- Unmarked wet floors;
- Uneven floorboards;
- Loose debris in walkings;
- Tattered rugs/carpets; and
- Poor lighting, especially in stairwells.
Understanding Slip and Fall Accident Liability in California
Were you hurt in a slip and fall accident in Sacramento? You need to seek immediate medical attention. Nothing should come before your health, physical safety, and well-being. From there, a Sacramento slip and fall accident attorney can help you bring a claim to pursue justice and financial support. Here are some of the key things to know about slip and fall liability in California:
- A Two-Year Statute of Limitations for Premises Liability Claims: There is limited time to file a slip and fall accident lawsuit in Sacramento. Under California law (California Code of Civil Procedure § 335.1), a slip and fall accident claim must be filed within two years of the date of the incident. Do not wait too long to initiate your slip and fall claim. Contact an experienced Sacramento premises liability lawyer as soon as possible after a serious slip and fall accident.
- Liability for a Slip and Fall is Based on Fault: It is crucial that you know that a Sacramento business or Sacramento property owner will not be held automatically responsible for a slip and fall accident or trip and fall accident simply because it occurred on the premises. To establish liability for a slip and fall accident in California, the claimant (injured victim) must prove fault. In other words, you must prove that the defendant’s negligence—such as their failure to clean up a spill in a timely manner—contributed to causing the slip and fall accident.
- California Uses Comparative Negligence for Slip and Fall Claims: Slip and fall accident claims are subject to comparative negligence in California. If you are held partially at fault for your own slip and fall accident it will reduce your financial recovery. Businesses, property owners, and insurers often try to limit their own liability by pushing blame on the injured victim. All serious accidents should be thoroughly investigated by an experienced Sacramento, CA slip and fall accident attorney.
Slip and Fall Accident Victims Need Full and Fair Financial Compensation
Following a serious slip and fall accident at a Sacramento business, victims need compensation to pay their bills. You could be stuck trying to figure out how to deal with unpaid medical bills, missed paychecks, and considerable physical pain. Sadly, defendants and their commercial property insurance companies want to resolve personal injury claims for the lowest amount that they can get away with. Our Sacramento slip and fall accident attorney is ready to go above and beyond to get you full compensation. Through a premises liability claim, you may receive money damages for:
- Emergency medical treatment;
- Hospital bills;
- Ongoing medical expenses;
- Rehabilitative care/therapies;
- Lost wages;
- Diminished earning ability;
- Pain and suffering;
- Mental anguish;
- Scarring/disfigurement; and
- Long-term physical disability.
Do You Need a Sacramento Slip and Fall Accident Lawyer?
If you sustained a serious injury in a slip and fall, you should consult with an attorney. With close to 20 years as a personal injury attorney, I have seen my share of slip and fall cases. Each case has its legal challenges, and often, the other party will refuse to take responsibility. With my experience, I have been successful in proving who was at fault in a slip and fall accident, and I have often taken the case to court on behalf of my clients if necessary.
I’ll vigorously fight for your rights and get you the justice you deserve.
The Benefits of Hiring A Sacramento Slip & Fall Accident Lawyer
California’s premises liability laws are complex. Following a serious slip and fall accident, it is common to have a lot of questions about your rights and your options. Victims do not need to take on a big insurance company all by themselves. My law firm fights to protect victims and their families. When you reach out to my Sacramento office, you can rest easy knowing that:
- I take on the stress of dealing with the insurance company so you can focus on healing from your injuries;
- I know how to negotiate with insurance companies;
- I will give you peace of mind; and
- I know all the laws that apply to your rights and responsibilities when you are injured due to someone else’s negligence.
Contact Our Sacramento, CA Slip and Fall Accident Lawyer Today
At the Law Office of Brian P. Azemika, our Sacramento premises liability attorney has the professional skills and legal knowledge to represent slip and fall accident victims. If you or your loved one was hurt in a slip and fall, we can help. Contact our legal team today to schedule a free, fully private initial consultation with a top attorney. From our Sacramento law office, we take on slip and fall accident claims throughout the wider area.
Brian Azemika fought for me when others thought my case was a lost cause. Brian Azemika took over my case with only a few weeks to prepare prior to trial. His knowledge and expertise showed in how he prepared me for my testimony at trial. He also had a great presence in the courtroom and really connected with the jury during the entire trial. He did such a great job in the eyes of the jury that many of them approached him after the trial and asked him for his business card. Thanks to Mr. Azemika, the jury returned a verdict for $400,000.00, which was amazing since the settlement offer from the insurance company was for only $45,000.00 on the first day of trial. I am so glad that Brian Azemika was my trial attorney.