Uber / Lyft Accident
Schedule a Free Consultation With a Top Ridesharing Accident Attorney in Roseville, CA
At the Law Office of Brian P. Azemika, our Roseville Uber accident lawyer has the professional skills and legal experience that you can trust. With a dedication to personal client service, our law firm puts in time, resources, and attention to detail to help injured victims get justice and maximum compensation. If you were hurt in a car accident or motorcycle accident involving an Uber or Lyft driver, we can help. To set up a free, no obligation initial consultation with a top California ridesharing accident lawyer, please contact our Roseville law office today.
“If you’re ever involved in an accident as a passenger in a rideshare, make sure you note the driver’s information, the ride information, and time and location of the accident in order to have the correct information when dealing with the rideshare company’s insurance carrier.”
– Brian P. Azemika, Roseville Rideshare Accident Attorney
What to Do If You are Involved in a Ridesharing Accident in Roseville, California
Dealing with a car accident is never easy—even if you are merely a passenger in an Uber or a Lyft car accident. Knowing the right things to do after a collision not only puts your mind at ease, it will help to ensure that your health, safety, and legal rights are properly protected.
Here are five important steps that you should take after a car accident in Roseville:
- Ensure the Collision is Reported to Law Enforcement: Rideshare accidents in Roseville should always be reported to law enforcement. Even if you are a passenger in the vehicle, make sure a police report of the auto accident is properly filed, such as with the Roseville Police Department or the Placer County Sheriff’s Office.
- Seek Immediate Medical Care for Any Injuries: You should never deal with a car crash injury on your own—no matter how minor you believe it to be. Of course, severe injuries require immediate emergency care. Regardless, you cannot bring a successful Uber accident injury claim or Lyft accident bodily injury claim without seeing a doctor.
- Document the Ridesharing Accident: As California is an at-fault state for motor vehicle crashes, it matters how the accident happened. Rideshare accidents are no exception. Gather as much information as possible from the scene—from driver/vehicle information to photographs of the damage to contact information for witnesses.
- Report the Crash to Uber or Lyft (If a Passenger): Were you a passenger in the Uber accident or Lyft accident? You should be sure to notify the rideshare company. You can generally use your smartphone app to submit an initial incident report.
- Consult With a Lawyer Before an Insurance Company: Before you give a statement to the ridesharing company, an insurance adjuster, or any other party, you should be sure to consult with an experienced Roseville car accident attorney. Your lawyer will ensure that your best interests are protected every step of the way.
The Most Common Injuries Reported in Ridesharing Accidents in California
There is no doubt that ridesharing services have revolutionized the way we travel. California is the birthplace of the modern ridesharing movement. At the same time, even though they offer convenience, there are safety issues. Unfortunately, car accidents involving Uber and Lyft drivers are far from rare. These accidents can result in a wide range of different injuries.
Some of the most common injuries reported in a rideshare accident in Roseville include:
- Sprains and strains;
- Whiplash and neck injuries;
- Concussions and traumatic brain injuries (TBIs);
- Broken bones, including fractures to arms and legs;
- Internal bleeding or internal organ damage; and
- Spinal cord damage.
An Overview of Uber/Lyft Accident Claims in Roseville, CA
Ridesharing Passenger Accident (Uber & Lyft)
If you were hurt as a passenger in an Uber or a Lyft in Roseville, then your claim falls under the company’s commercial insurance policy. In 2015, a new law was passed in California that strengthened the legal protections for ridesharing passengers.
As stated by the California Department of Insurance, all ridesharing providers operating in the state must cover all of their passengers with at least $1 million in liability coverage. Both Uber and Lyft passenger accident claims fall under the company’s commercial liability policy.
Other Ridesharing Collisions (Non-Passenger Accidents)
The ridesharing motor vehicle accident claims process can be a little more confusing for non-passengers. When you are a passenger in an Uber or a Lyft, your claim always falls under one of the company’s commercial insurance policies. If you were not a passenger—perhaps you were a pedestrian or were driving another vehicle—then your claim could fall under one of several policies.
If the rideshare driver had an Uber/Lyft passenger in the vehicle with them at the moment of the crash, then your claim may be still covered by the primary $1 million commercial insurance policy. However, if the rideshare driver was not actively working for Uber, Lyft, or any other service at the time of the accident, then your claim most likely falls under their personal auto insurance policy. A Roseville, car accident lawyer can help you sort out the claims process.
Understanding Rideshare Accident Liability in California
In California, determining car accident liability operates under an “at-fault” or “tort” standard. The party deemed responsible for causing the accident is also responsible for covering the damages and injuries resulting from the accident. The at-fault party’s insurance company typically pays for these expenses, including medical expenses, vehicle repairs, and other related costs. With this in mind, it is crucial that any crash is thoroughly investigated by a top Roseville personal injury lawyer.
Notably, our state follows the principle of comparative negligence. With this type of system, each party is held responsible for damages in proportion to their degree of fault. For example, if you are found to be 30 percent at fault for a rideshare accident in Roseville, you will only be able to recover compensation for 70 percent of your damages.
Note: Uber and Lyft passengers are protected by the rideshare company commercial insurance coverage policies regardless of fault. If you are a passenger who was hurt in a rideshare accident in California, you have the right to pursue compensation for your damages through an insurance coverage claim against his commercial policy.
What is the Statute of Limitations for an Uber or Lyft Accident?
In California, the statute of limitations for personal injury claims—including those involving Uber or Lyft accidents—is typically two years from the date of the accident. If you fail to file a lawsuit within this period, you may lose your right to legal recourse.Still, there is no reason to wait to get started with the insurance claims process. Be sure to get help from a Roseville personal injury attorney as soon as possible after a crash.
How Much Compensation Can I Recover After an Uber or Lyft Accident?
After an Uber or Lyft accident, you need money to pay your bills and support your loved ones. California law allows motor vehicle accident victims to seek financial relief for the full extent of their damages from the at-fault party. However, in practice, the claims process can be difficult to navigate—the big insurance companies try to settle claims for less.
Monetary support may be available for the following types of losses:
- Automotive repairs or vehicle replacement;
- Emergency room treatment;
- Hospital bills and medical bills;
- Loss of wages and diminished earning potential;
- Pain and suffering;
- Scarring or physical disability; and
- Wrongful death.
Why Rely On Our Roseville Personal Injury Lawyer
Uber and Lyft accident claims are complicated. The big rideshare companies and their commercial insurance providers fight to resolve claims for less. As an experienced personal injury advocate, our founding attorney Brian P. Azemika is familiar with accident cases and is standing by with his legal team, ready to personally guide you through the personal injury claim process.
Here is what you will get with our law firm:
- Proactive Representation: You do not want to fall behind Uber, Lyft, or a commercial insurance company in the personal injury claims process. With a dedication to proactive representation, we are ready to investigate your rideshare accident immediately.
- One-on-One Attention: With larger law firms, many people feel like just another case file. That is not the case with our boutique Roseville, CA personal injury firm. All clients always get one-on-one attention and support directly from Brian.
- Results-Driven: Results matter. You need money damages to pay your bills and support yourself and your family. We are focused on ensuring that our clients get justice, accountability, and the best possible results.
We offer free consultations and represent ridesharing accident victims on contingency. There are no upfront charges or out-of-pocket fees. Our Roseville Uber & Lyft accident attorney only gets paid when you recover financial compensation through a settlement or a verdict. We are committed to doing what it takes to help secure the greatest possible financial compensation.
Schedule a Free Consultation With a Roseville, CA Ridesharing Accident Lawyer
At the Law Office of Brian P. Azemika, our Roseville auto accident attorney has the skills and experience to handle the full spectrum of rideshare accident claims. If you or someone close to you was hurt in an Uber crash or a Lyft crash, we are here to help. Contact us right away to set up your free, no obligation personal injury consultation. We represent ridesharing accident victims in Roseville and throughout Placer County, including in Rocklin, Auburn, and Lincoln.
2270 Douglas Blvd, Suite 218
Roseville, CA 95661
Brian Azemika fought for me when others thought my case was a lost cause. Brian Azemika took over my case with only a few weeks to prepare prior to trial. His knowledge and expertise showed in how he prepared me for my testimony at trial. He also had a great presence in the courtroom and really connected with the jury during the entire trial. He did such a great job in the eyes of the jury that many of them approached him after the trial and asked him for his business card. Thanks to Mr. Azemika, the jury returned a verdict for $400,000.00, which was amazing since the settlement offer from the insurance company was for only $45,000.00 on the first day of trial. I am so glad that Brian Azemika was my trial attorney.