A Car Accident Lawyer Here to Help Injury Victims in Sacramento
In California, especially the Sacramento area, your vehicle is essential to your way of life. Whether it be a bus, motorcycle, car, truck, or any other motor vehicle, there are thousands on the road daily.
Often taken for granted, we repeatedly forget how dangerous our roads and highways can be. Annually in the US, there are more than 6 million car accidents, roughly 16,438 per day.
At the Law Office of Brian P. Azemika, our Sacramento car accident lawyer is an experienced and reliable advocate for injured victims. We have the knowledge and tenacity to hold negligent drivers and big insurance companies accountable. Contact us at our Sacramento law office today to set up a free, no-obligation initial consultation with a top-rated California auto accident attorney.
“Once you’re in a safe spot following an accident, make sure to exchange insurance information and driver’s license information. It is easy to simply take pictures of the other driver’s license, registration, and insurance card for future reference.”
– Brian P. Azemika, Sacramento Car Accident Attorney
Table of Contents
- Car Accident Claims We Handle
- Things to Know About Car Accident Liability in California
- How We Help You Get the Compensation You Deserve
- How to Know If You Need A Car Accident Lawyer
- The Benefits of Hiring An Attorney
- How to Contact Us
Our Law Firm Handles All Types of Motor Vehicle Accident Claims in Sacramento
Highway safety remains a serious issue. According to the Insurance Information Institute (III), there was 1 death every 14.5 minutes in 2019 from auto accidents. Since 2010, an average of 34,500 people have died from auto accidents each. Many tens of thousands more people have suffered severe, even life-changing injuries. As more people are on the roads, the more dangerous they become. In fact, Sacramento has more fatal car crashes per capita than the California average. Our firm handles all types of car accident claims. Brian Azemika is your trusted Sacramento car accident lawyer. We handle all types of motor vehicle collision claims in Sacramento County, including:
- Car accidents;
- Uber & Lyft accidents;
- Public and private bus accidents;
- Motorcycle crashes;
- Pedestrian collision;
- Bicycle accidents;
- Tractor-trailer accidents;
- Delivery vehicle accidents; and
- Commercial vehicle collisions.
Note: You cannot bring a car accident injury claim in California unless you see a doctor. Medical records are required as part of any personal injury case. Protect your health and your rights by seeing a doctor as soon as possible after a severe collision.
What You Should Know About Car Accident Liability in California
Car accident injury claims are governed by state law. It is crucial that you know your responsibilities and rights after a crash in Sacramento. Here are some of the most notable things that you should know if you were involved in a car accident in Sacramento County:
- You Must Stop Your Vehicle and Exchange Information: California law requires all motorists involved in a collision to stop their vehicle and exchange information. Make sure you get information from other parties involved in the crash.
- You Should Report Your Crash: All injury crashes in California must be reported to law enforcement. A local or state police officer should be dispatched to the scene of a significant crash to write a report.
- You Must Initiate a Claim Before the Statute of Limitations Runs Out: It is important to be proactive after a car accident. You must file any personal injury claim before California’s two-year statute of limitations run out. Call a Sacramento car accident attorney as soon as possible after a serious collision.
- Liability for Your Crash is Based on ‘Fault’: Similar to most jurisdictions, California is a fault-based auto insurance state. Liability for a crash in Sacramento County is generally based on negligence. Your crash should be investigated and thoroughly documented.
- California Operates a Comparative Negligence Insurance Standard: It is not uncommon for multiple parties to share fault for the same crash. California has a comparative negligence standard of liability for motor vehicle crash claims. Each party involved in an accident is legally liable for its proportionate share of the fault. This has important implications for your case. If you are found at fault for a percentage of your own Sacramento car accident, your compensation will be reduced by a corresponding amount.
Our Firm Helps Injured Victims in Sacramento Secure Compensation
Were you injured in a crash in Sacramento? You probably have a lot of questions about the value of your case. In California, car accident victims can seek monetary compensation for economic and non-economic damages. However, it is important to note that the big insurance companies often make the claims process difficult on people. Our Sacramento, CA car accident lawyers fight tirelessly to help clients get the maximum settlement or trial verdict. You may be able to get financial support for:
- Automobile repairs;
- Emergency medical treatment;
- Hospital bills and health care costs;
- Ongoing and long-term medical expenses:
- Lost wages and diminished earning power;
- Pain and suffering;
- Disability and/or disfigurement; and
- Wrongful death.
Do You Need A Personal Injury Lawyer For Your Auto or Car Accident?
The first question victims often ask themselves is; “Should I hire a personal injury attorney or deal with the insurance company myself?”. This is a difficult decision in some cases which is why we always advise to consult with an attorney, allow them to review your case, and offer the best advice.
Insurance companies would prefer to work directly with the victim because they often are able to settle for far less than when an experienced car accident lawyer represents you. Often times your lawyer will be able to settle your case for far more than you were offered initially.
The Benefits of Hiring Our Sacramento, CA Car Accident Attorney
The car accident injury claims process is notoriously complex. The big insurance companies that handle these claims are aggressive. Insurance adjusters work hard to resolve cases for the lowest amount of money possible. You cannot trust an insurance company to protect your rights. As an experienced personal injury advocate, our founder Brian P. Azemika will protect your best interests. When you reach out to our Sacramento law office, you will have an opportunity to consult with a California car accident lawyer who can:
- Take on the stress of dealing with the insurance company so you can focus on healing from your injuries;
- Know how to negotiate with the insurance companies;
- Give you peace of mind that you can rely on;
- Navigate all the laws that apply to your rights and responsibilities when you are injured due to someone else’s negligence; and
- Develop a comprehensive legal strategy designed to maximize your financial compensation.
Contact Our Sacramento, CA Car Accident Attorney Today
At the Law Office of Brian P. Azemika, our Sacramento auto accident lawyer is a dedicated and results-focused advocate for injured victims and their families. If you have been injured in an auto accident in Sacramento, we can help. Contact us today for a free auto accident case evaluation.
With a law office in Sacramento, we represent car accident victims throughout Sacramento County.
Brian Azemika fought for me when others thought my case was a lost cause. Brian Azemika took over my case with only a few weeks to prepare prior to trial. His knowledge and expertise showed in how he prepared me for my testimony at trial. He also had a great presence in the courtroom and really connected with the jury during the entire trial. He did such a great job in the eyes of the jury that many of them approached him after the trial and asked him for his business card. Thanks to Mr. Azemika, the jury returned a verdict for $400,000.00, which was amazing since the settlement offer from the insurance company was for only $45,000.00 on the first day of trial. I am so glad that Brian Azemika was my trial attorney.