We Protect the Rights and Interests of Motorcycle Accident Victims in Sacramento
Motorcycles can be dangerous, especially when negligent auto drivers don’t pay you the courtesy and respect the law requires. At the Law Office of Brian P. Azemika, our Sacramento motorcycle accident lawyer is an experienced, justice-focused advocate for injured victims. When you are injured in a motorcycle accident, we go after the inattentive, negligent or reckless auto drivers with a vengeance, knowing your life has been put on the line. Maximum recovery on your behalf – compensation for all of your injuries – is our number one goal. As a motorcycle accident attorney in Sacramento, we dedicate our time to you. To set up a free, no-obligation consultation with a top California motorcycle accident lawyer, please contact our Sacramento law office today.
“Never give the at fault driver’s insurance company a recorded statement without having consulted an attorney first.
Liability can often be contested in motorcycle accident cases due to the more nuanced rules of the road associated with the operation of a motorcycle. The last thing you want to do is say the wrong thing, that will lead the insurance company to want to lay some or all of the blame on you.”
– Brian P. Azemika, Sacramento Motorcycle Accident Attorney
Motorcyclists are Exposed to Risks: Know the Most Common Motorcycle Accident Injuries
Without seat belts, airbags, or the enclosure of a vehicle, there is very little to protect you which is why we see serious and catastrophic injuries when a vehicle collides with a motorcycle. The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) estimates that 80 percent of motorcycle crashes result in injuries to the rider. These accidents are largely due to inattentive drivers which makes hiring the right motorcycle attorney essential. We forget how easily auto accidents can happen and how severe your injuries can be. No matter the specific cause or nature of your injuries, our Sacramento motorcycle accident lawyer is here to help. Some of the most common motorcycle accident injuries reported in California include:
- Biker’s arm;
- Sprain and strains;
- Torn ligaments;
- Broken bones;
- Back injuries;
- Traumatic brain injuries (TBIs);
- Amputations; and
- Spinal cord damage.
What to Know About Motorcycle Accident Claims in California
Were you hurt in a motorcycle accident in the Sacramento metropolitan area? If so, it is imperative that you know your rights and duties under state law. Here are four of the most important things to understand about motorcycle accidents, liability, and the personal injury claims process:
- You Should Report Your Motorcycle Accident: California law requires that all motorists—including motorcyclists—report injury crashes. If you or anyone else was hurt in the motorcycle accident, it must be reported. You should always seek immediate medical attention after a collision. You will not be able to recover financial compensation for a motorcycle accident injury unless you see a doctor.
- Motorcycle Accident Liability is Based on Fault: California is an at-fault motorcycle accident jurisdiction. The party (or parties) found to be responsible for a motorcycle accident will be legally liable for the damages. For this reason, it is imperative that all motorcycle accidents in Sacramento are comprehensively investigated by an experienced attorney.
- A Two-Year Statute of Limitations to Bring a Personal Injury Claim: There is a strictly enforced two-year statute of limitations for all personal injury claims in California, including motorcycle accident cases. You must bring a motorcycle accident injury claim within two years of the date of the crash. If you wait too long, you will miss your chance. Protect yourself: Call a Sacramento motorcycle accident lawyer as soon as possible after a wreck.
- California is a Comparative Negligence State: Similar to the majority of jurisdictions in the United States, California uses a comparative fault system to assign liability. You can still recover compensation for a motorcycle accident in Sacramento even if you are partially responsible for the collision. However, your financial recovery will be reduced proportionately to your fault. Do not let an insurance company unfairly blame you for a motorcycle accident. A Sacramento, CA motorcycle accident lawyer will gather and prepare all of the evidence that you need to prove liability and maximize your settlement/verdict.
Recovering Compensation for a Motorcycle Accident in Sacramento
Following a serious motorcycle accident in Sacramento County, you need to know what to do to recover financial compensation for your injuries. You may be left with stacks of unpaid medical bills, missed paychecks, and immense pain and suffering. The sad reality is that you cannot trust an insurance company to look out for your best interests after a motorcycle crash. Our Sacramento, CA motorcycle accident lawyer has the professional skills and proven tenacity that you can count on. We fight to maximize your settlement or verdict. Compensation may be available for:
- Motorcycle repairs;
- Emergency medical care;
- Medical bills and other health care costs;
- Physical therapy or mental health support;
- Lost wages and loss of earning power;
- Pain and suffering;
- Emotional distress;
- Permanent scarring
- Long-term disability; and
- Wrongful death.
Is A Motorcycle Accident Lawyer Right For You?
With the seriousness of motorcycle accidents, I always recommend consulting with an attorney. At the Law Office of Brian Azemika, I have over 10 years as a personal injury attorney in Sacramento. I’ll take the time to review your case with you to determine the best possible outcome. Your injuries could be catastrophic and leave you severely debilitated and/or disfigured, it’s important we determine the nature of the case and plan accordingly within California law to get you the compensation you deserve for lost wages, medical bills, and your pain and suffering.
The Benefits of Hiring an Attorney Experienced in Motorcycle Accident Cases
Motorcycle accident injury claims are complicated. It is normal to feel overwhelmed and confused after a serious accident. You do not have to take on an insurance company alone. My law firm is devoted to protecting the legal rights and financial interests of injured victims. When you contact my law office after a motorcycle accident in Sacramento, you can trust that:
- I take on the stress of dealing with the insurance company so you can focus on healing from your injuries;
- I know how to negotiate with insurance companies;
- I will give you peace of mind; and
- I know all the laws that apply to your rights and responsibilities when you are injured due to someone else’s negligence.
Contact Our Sacramento, CA Motorcycle Accident Lawyer Today
At the Law Office of Brian P. Azemika, our Sacramento motorcycle accident attorney has the skills, experience, and vision to protect the rights of victims and families. If you or someone you care about was hurt in a motorcycle crash, we are more than ready to help. Contact us today to set up a free, no-commitment review of your case. Our personal injury law firm handles motorcycle accident claims in Sacramento, Sacramento County, and throughout the region.
Brian Azemika fought for me when others thought my case was a lost cause. Brian Azemika took over my case with only a few weeks to prepare prior to trial. His knowledge and expertise showed in how he prepared me for my testimony at trial. He also had a great presence in the courtroom and really connected with the jury during the entire trial. He did such a great job in the eyes of the jury that many of them approached him after the trial and asked him for his business card. Thanks to Mr. Azemika, the jury returned a verdict for $400,000.00, which was amazing since the settlement offer from the insurance company was for only $45,000.00 on the first day of trial. I am so glad that Brian Azemika was my trial attorney.