Roseville Personal Injury Lawyer
We Fight for Justice and Fair Compensation for Injured Victims in Roseville, CA
If you or your loved one was hurt in an accident caused by another party’s negligence, it is normal to feel frustrated, stressed out, and confused. A serious accident can put a major burden on your family—and navigating the legal claims process is not easy. Every personal injury claim begins with picking up the phone and speaking with a qualified attorney about your case.
At the Law Office of Brian P. Azemika, our Roseville personal injury attorney is an aggressive, experienced, and justice-focused advocate for victims and families. Our mission is to provide personalized, attentive guidance and support to every client. Contact our Roseville office today to set up a free, no-obligation consultation with a top-rated California personal injury lawyer.
On This Page:
- Steps to Take After A Serious Accident
- Personal Injury Cases We Handle
- Is An Attorney Right For You?
- Benefits of Hiring An Injury Lawyer in Roseville
- What Is Fair Compensation For An Injury Claim?
- The Importance of Being Proactive After A Serious Injury
- Contact Us Today
Four Steps to Take After a Serious Accident in Roseville
Following a major accident, victims and their families must take the right action to protect their health, well-being, and ability to bring a viable legal claim. You do not want to make mistakes in the aftermath of your accident that make it more challenging for you to make a full recovery—both physically and financially. Here are four things to do after an accident in Roseville:
- Get Medical Attention: A serious injury requires professional medical attention. Make sure that you see a doctor right away. You cannot bring a personal injury claim for compensation in California unless you have valid supporting medical records.
- Document the Incident: Most personal injury cases in California are based on fault. You need to present evidence proving the defendant’s fault (liability) to get the compensation that you need to pay bills and support your family.
- Avoid Giving a Statement to an Insurer: The insurance company—particularly an opposing insurance company—is not on your side. Insurance adjusters may twist your words to use them against you. Avoid giving a recorded statement without legal representation.
- Get Help From a California Injury Lawyer: You do not have to figure out everything alone. An experienced Roseville, CA personal injury attorney will protect your rights—including by investigating the accident, dealing with insurers, and handling legal paperwork.
Types of Cases We Take
Personal injury is a pretty broad area of law. It covers anyone injured through the careless or dangerous conduct of another person. At our firm, we have extensive experience helping those who are injured in:
- Car Accidents: Motor vehicle crashes happen every day in Central California. A safe, attentive, and skilled driver could still end up in a crash. Insurance claims are complicated. Our Roseville car accident attorney will protect your rights.
- Truck Accidents: Commercial truck companies must comply with state and federal safety regulations. They can be held liable for an accident caused by their failure to do so. Our Roseville truck accident attorney has the skills and experience to handle these complex cases.
- Motorcycle Accidents: Our Roseville motorcycle accident lawyer fights to protect the rights of injured motorcyclists and their passengers. We have a deep understanding of the motorcycle accident liability laws and the claims process in California.
- Dog Bites: A dog can be quite dangerous if proper precautions are not taken. California has complex dog bite laws. It imposes strict liability on dog owners in many circumstances. If you or your loved one was bitten by a dog in Placer County, contact our Roseville dog bite injury attorney for a free consultation.
- Slip and Falls: An estimated one million Americans get professional medical attention for slip and fall accidents each year. A business or property owner can be held liable for a slip and fall if the accident happened due to negligently dangerous conditions on the premises. Call our Roseville slip and fall accident lawyer to get a free review of your case.
- Other Premises Liability Claims: Beyond slip and falls, we also handle the full range of other premises liability claims in Roseville. If you were hurt due to the wrongful actions or inactions of a California business or property owner, we can help.
- Train Accidents: Train accidents can occur in several different circumstances—from derailments to railroad crossing collisions to passenger injuries in falls. Our Roseville train accident lawyer advocates tirelessly for injured victims.
- Medical Malpractice: Doctors, hospitals, and other healthcare providers can be held liable for patient harm caused by substandard care. This is known as medical malpractice. A medical malpractice claim is one of the most complex types of injury cases in California. If you or a loved one was harmed due to medical negligence, our Roseville, CA medical malpractice lawyer is standing by, ready to help
After a devastating accident, many people suffer from serious injuries which send them to the emergency room for care. They don’t know what happened or who is to blame. They might have no memory of the incident at all. At this point, the next logical step is to contact a seasoned Roseville personal injury lawyer who can review the facts known and investigate to find out more information.
Is an Injury Attorney Right For You?
The first question victims often ask themselves is; “Should I hire an attorney or deal with the insurance company myself?”. This is a difficult decision in some cases which is why we always advise you to consult with an attorney, allow them to review your case, and offer the best advice.
With the Law Office of Brian P. Azemika in Roseville, consultations are always free. Insurance companies would prefer to work directly with the victim because they often can settle for far less than when you are represented by a personal injury attorney. Many insurance companies offer peanuts to people suffering from serious injuries.
Often your lawyer will be able to settle your case for far more than you were initially offered. There are several reasons for this. For one, an experienced Roseville personal injury attorney should understand the full value of a case. For another, an attorney should be familiar with the different tricks insurance adjusters use to “lowball” clients. Our team is prepared to hold out for fair compensation to cover your losses.
Some Benefits of Hiring A Personal Injury Lawyer for Your Case
Many people wrongly believe that lawyers do not add value to a case. The truth could not be more different. Lawyers provide many benefits, including:
- I take on the stress of dealing with the insurance company so you can focus on healing from your injuries.
- I know how to negotiate with insurance companies.
- I will give you peace of mind.
- I know all the laws that apply to your rights and responsibilities when you are injured due to someone else’s negligence.
Armed with our knowledge of the law, we can fight for maximum compensation following an accident or other incident.
Here is one example. Under California law, a contributorily negligent victim will receive less compensation than if she were 100% blameless. For example, someone struck in an intersection by a speeding vehicle might have stopped with their front fender over the line. In that case, the victim shares some of the responsibility for the accident, so her compensation will be reduced.
However, our team can use our experience to collect evidence that minimizes our client’s negligence. In this way, we can increase the amount of money she takes home.
What Is Fair Compensation for Your Injuries?
This is a question we get all the time. Sometimes, people ask what the “average” personal injury settlement is. The simple fact is that, under California law, there is no such thing as an average settlement. Instead, an accident victim should receive money damages for:
- Medical care to treat your injuries. If you need surgery, rehab, and/or prescription drugs, then the person responsible for your accident should have to pay.
- Lost income. Many injuries prevent a person from going to work. As a result, innocent victims lose out on important compensation, and many fear that they won’t be able to support their families.
- Property damage. If someone damaged your car, they should pay to fix or replace it. It’s that simple.
Our clients also can receive compensation for certain harder-to-value losses like pain, suffering, disfigurement, and emotional distress. Serious injuries can leave people bedridden and in considerable pain. Even relatively minor injuries, like a burn, could cause intense emotional distress. Damages for these losses often make up a big percentage of any settlement, but many insurers try to limit their payout. An experienced attorney knows how to value emotional distress and other pain to their client’s advantage.
There is No Reason to Delay: Be Proactive
Please contact a Roseville personal injury attorney right away. In California, injured victims are given a limited amount of time to file a lawsuit for their injuries. This is called the “statute of limitations,” and in most cases, it is only two years. If you wait too long—even a day too long—you can lose the ability to see compensation forever.
Reaching out to an attorney benefits accident victims and their families in another way. Every case turns on evidence. For example, if you were struck by a truck, you need proof that the driver was negligent. This evidence can take many forms, such as eyewitness testimony or electronic logs. Unfortunately, as time passes, this evidence can disappear or get erased. By hiring an attorney promptly, you preserve as much evidence as possible, strengthening your claim.
Call Our Roseville Personal Injury Lawyer for a Free Consultation
This is a difficult time. Let the Law Offices of Brian P. Azemika step up and represent you in your personal injury claim. Our initial consultations are free, and we have provided critical legal representation to countless people just like you. Call us today or send an online message.
With a law office in Roseville, we represent injured victims in Placer County and throughout Central California.
2270 Douglas Blvd, Suite 218
Roseville, CA 95661
Brian Azemika fought for me when others thought my case was a lost cause. Brian Azemika took over my case with only a few weeks to prepare prior to trial. His knowledge and expertise showed in how he prepared me for my testimony at trial. He also had a great presence in the courtroom and really connected with the jury during the entire trial. He did such a great job in the eyes of the jury that many of them approached him after the trial and asked him for his business card. Thanks to Mr. Azemika, the jury returned a verdict for $400,000.00, which was amazing since the settlement offer from the insurance company was for only $45,000.00 on the first day of trial. I am so glad that Brian Azemika was my trial attorney.