Personal injuries can happen anywhere in Auburn and at any time. Maybe you were struck by a car or truck while driving on Route 193, or a motorist might have slammed into you as you crossed an intersection downtown. Other accidents happen in restaurants, grocery stores, and other businesses when people just like you slip and fall or are attacked due to inadequate security.
Regardless of how they were injured, victims should seek the legal counsel of an experienced Auburn personal injury lawyer as soon as possible. Brian P. Azemika has represented victims in personal injury claims for more than 15 years. Please contact his law firm today to schedule a meeting.
We Represent Those with Serious Injuries
Our clients have suffered devastating injuries in accidents, including:
- Traumatic brain injuries or concussions
- Back injuries
- Neck injuries, including whiplash and cervical fracture
- Broken bones
- Nerve damage
- Sprains, strains, and contusions
- Crush injuries
- Spinal column injuries
After an accident, it is vital to quickly visit the emergency room so that a doctor can look you over. Because some injuries are slow to develop, you should head to the doctor at any time that you feel pain.
Types of Personal Injury Cases We Handle
We can assist anyone injured in:
- Motorcycle accidents
- Car accidents
- Truck accidents
- Slip and falls
- Premises liability claims
- Negligent security claims
- Dog bites
- Train accidents
Most personal injury cases are based on negligence. Put simply, a person is negligent when they fail to fulfill their duty of care to you, and you get injured in the process. For example, stores must keep their premises reasonably safe for all customers. If they fail to fix loose tiles on the floor and you slip, then you can sue for compensation.
Is Brian P. Azemika the Right Attorney for You?
Personal injury is a challenging practice area. Any legal advocate must keep up with changes in the law and use his skills to benefit his clients. Often, the person representing the defendant is a giant insurance company or a powerful team of lawyers. It often feels a little bit like David versus Goliath.
With over 15 years of experience, Mr. Azemika can help clients through the claims process, from start to finish:
- Investigate an accident to uncover who or what is responsible for injuring you.
- Interview witnesses to the accident who can provide their perspective on what happened.
- Notify relevant insurers of the accident and initiate a claim.
- Complete paperwork and answer insurance adjuster questions.
- Document the full extent of your injuries to strengthen the factual basis for a claim.
- Negotiate a tough settlement with insurers or the defendant’s legal team.
- File a lawsuit, if necessary, to protect your right to compensation.
Injury Compensation: Damages for All Your Losses
The purpose of a personal injury claim is to compensate a victim for the money they have lost. These financial losses include:
- Medical treatment for your injuries, including diagnostic tests, doctor visits, surgery, hospital stays, rehabilitation, assistive devices (crutches, wheelchairs, etc.), and prescription drugs.
- Future medical care, if you suffered permanent impairment.
- Lost income when you are in too much pain to work.
- Loss of earning capacity, when a permanent impairment forces you from your current job into a lower-paying one.
- Property damage, such as damage to your motor vehicle in a crash.
California also allows personal injury victims to receive compensation for certain non-financial losses, such as physical pain, mental distress, depression, suffering, inconvenience, and disfigurement. For example, suffering a back injury can cause incredible pain and lead to sleeplessness and depression. You might be unable to play with your children or be intimate with your spouse. These losses aren’t financial in nature, but we can still seek money to try and make up for them.
Why You Should Contact Us Today
Sadly, accident victims don’t have unlimited time to protect their rights. Although most cases settle, it’s always possible you need to sue in court. But California’s statute of limitations gives victims only two years to go into court and file a lawsuit.
Wait too long, and a judge will dismiss your case—permanently. That means no compensation and no ability to hold a negligent defendant accountable.
Our Auburn Personal Injury Lawyer is Standing By
The moments following an accident are confusing, and many accident victims do not know what to do in the coming weeks. Let us help. The Law Office of Brian P. Azemika has represented hundreds of people in settlement negotiations, and we will gladly meet to discuss your case in a confidential consultation. Contact us today.
Brian Azemika fought for me when others thought my case was a lost cause. Brian Azemika took over my case with only a few weeks to prepare prior to trial. His knowledge and expertise showed in how he prepared me for my testimony at trial. He also had a great presence in the courtroom and really connected with the jury during the entire trial. He did such a great job in the eyes of the jury that many of them approached him after the trial and asked him for his business card. Thanks to Mr. Azemika, the jury returned a verdict for $400,000.00, which was amazing since the settlement offer from the insurance company was for only $45,000.00 on the first day of trial. I am so glad that Brian Azemika was my trial attorney.