in Elk Grove
I’m Brian P. Azemika, a personal injury lawyer with more than 15 years of experience. If you’ve been hurt in an accident, I’m the guy who can represent you as you seek justice for your injuries. Under California law, those who are hurt in accidents can seek compensation from a negligent or reckless defendant for all the money they have lost as a result of their injuries. These claims are a necessary part of receiving compensation to make up for medical expenses and lost income. But these legal claims are hard to bring. And insurers are not eager to offer meaningful compensation to an injured victim.
If you have been hurt, please contact my law firm today. We offer a free consultation where we can review your legal rights.
Were You Injured in an Accident?
We can help anyone hurt in an accident, such as:
- Motor vehicle collisions. We help clients hurt in car accidents, truck accidents, or motorcycle crashes. If you were a pedestrian struck by a motor vehicle, we can help as well.
- Dog attacks or dog bites. Owners are liable when their dogs attack a person.
- Premises liability claims. We have helped clients hurt in slip and falls, trip and falls, and other accidents on private property and in businesses.
- Negligent security. If you were violently attacked, we can typically sue the establishment where it happened if they lacked basic and necessary security.
After an accident, please head immediately to the emergency room. The sooner you receive treatment, the greater the odds of a successful recovery.
How a Elk Grove Personal Injury Lawyer Helps Your Case
Some accident victims wonder whether they need a lawyer at all. In our opinion, you definitely do. A personal injury attorney can dramatically lighten the stress you feel after an accident. Without a lawyer, you’ll need to handle all communications and negotiations yourself, which is a tall task for anyone.
Our legal team can immediately get to work documenting your accident and your injuries. One of the first things we’ll do is ask you to tell us what happened, and then we follow up by possibly visiting the accident scene and contacting witnesses.
Having gathered this information, we can open an insurance claim. For example, any motorist who hit you should have insurance, as should a business or homeowner. This claims process is paper-intensive and confusing, but we handle it all while you focus on rehabbing your injuries.
Many cases settle because the insurance company finally offers a fair amount of compensation for your losses. Without a lawyer, many people quickly agree to a settlement that is much too low.
How Much Compensation Can You Receive?
The amount depends on many factors, such as:
- How much have you spent on medical care? We can typically receive damages for all reasonable expenses, including surgery, ambulance services, rehabilitation, doctor visits, diagnostic tests, and prescription drugs.
- Were you prevented from working? If your injuries kept you out of work, we will seek compensation for lost wages or lost income. If your injuries are permanent, California law lets us pursue damages for loss of earning capacity.
- Was your property damaged? Your car might have been totaled in a wreck. We can obtain money to fix or replace it.
- How much pain do you feel? We seek compensation for things like pain, mental anguish, suffering, inconvenience, depression, and similar losses.
It also matters whether you were partially to blame for the accident. California’s comparative negligence law reduces the amount you receive by your degree of fault. This means that you’ll only get half of your expected compensation if you were 50% to blame.
How Much Time Do You Have to File a Claim?
You should reach out to an Elk Grove personal injury lawyer right away. California’s statute of limitations requires that accident victims file a lawsuit for personal injury within two years. This statute prevents accident victims from sitting on their rights—instead, they need to pursue a claim promptly before evidence goes stale.
And if you miss the deadline? Well, a defendant can ask a judge to toss the case—and a judge will do just that. You won’t be able to refile later, which means you will not receive compensation for your injuries.
Speak with an Elk Grove Personal Injury Lawyer Today
Car wrecks and other accidents cause unnecessary suffering and financial stress. But there is hope at the end of the tunnel. Please contact the Law Offices of Brian P. Azemika to schedule a free consultation. Our legal team has helped hundreds of accident victims obtain compensation, and we are pleased to meet with anyone in Elk Grove who has suffered an injury.
Our Elk Grove Office
9245 Laguna Springs Drive, Suite 200
Elk Grove, CA 95758
Brian Azemika fought for me when others thought my case was a lost cause. Brian Azemika took over my case with only a few weeks to prepare prior to trial. His knowledge and expertise showed in how he prepared me for my testimony at trial. He also had a great presence in the courtroom and really connected with the jury during the entire trial. He did such a great job in the eyes of the jury that many of them approached him after the trial and asked him for his business card. Thanks to Mr. Azemika, the jury returned a verdict for $400,000.00, which was amazing since the settlement offer from the insurance company was for only $45,000.00 on the first day of trial. I am so glad that Brian Azemika was my trial attorney.